Friday, March 26, 2010

Rough Day

On Wednesday I got to "work" (I'm a nanny and I love it so I don't really consider it "work") and as I was feeding sweet Lily her bottle she started to poop. No big deal, right? Wrong. I thought, wow that's a big poop because my legs are really warm and I can really smell it. I picked Lily up off of my lap and yup, she had pooped through her diaper and onto my legs. Thankfully, I had jeans on, but still... ew. I cleaned her up then cleaned myself up and that was that.

Later that evening Jared was at his Bible study and I was at home. I decided to get a bowl of ice cream to go along with my movie. I turned to put the ice cream that I scooped out into my bowl and the next thing I knew the brand new half gallon ice cream had fallen into the nasty mop water that I was too lazy to drain out of the sink... So I had no ice cream. It was awful. I watched half of my movie then Jared took me to Wal-Mart to get a humidifier because my allergies have been going crazy lately so that kinda made me feel better.

Seriously, Wednesday was not a good day for me. Today was much, much better and I'm thankful for that.

Tonight we had our small group meeting/session/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. It was really encouraging. I truly love being in the group that we are in. All of people are pretty diverse so it makes for some great conversation. Jared & I are very blessed.

In happy news: We are one day away from having electricity in our sharn (mix between a shed and a barn). Jared's sweet grandfather is hooking us up with electricity so that Jared can have a workshop/man cave. Jared & I (mostly Jared) have spent the last two days digging a ditch from our house to the sharn to be able to run the wires from the house underground to the sharn. It should be completed tomorrow. I can't wait to have electricity out there and for Jared to have a place to go and build stuff. I'm already thinking of things I'd like for him to build/fix. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels