Monday, November 23, 2009

One Year Anniversary!!

Jared and I celebrated our one year anniversary on Saturday and it was soooo fun!!!

I had it perfectly planned out in my head how the day would go:

  • Sleep in late and then have a huge breakfast
  • Go for a drive in East Texas and find some cute little lunch place
  • Get some yummy food at Central Market
  • Come home and cook the yummy food and have James Taylor in the background while wearing my cute anniversary black dress.
  • Eat the wedding cake and have a glass of the same champagne that we had at the wedding
Here's what really happened:

  • Slept in too late and all the breakfast places were packed so we settled for Whataburger's breakfast which was pretty good!
  • A 2 hour drive one way to find a cool spot turned into us eating at Carl's Jr. (nasty) because we couldn't find anywhere cool to eat and turned around and drove back to Fort Worth.
  • We get to Central Market and we're picking out foods then Jared walks over the meat section and says, "Go away, seeing this meat will make you nauseous." I think No, it wont! I'm past that... I definitely was not past that. I saw the raw, bloody, nasty meat and began to gag!!!
  • We came home to cook the food and got into an argument because we forgot things at the store and it was already 8:30pm and we were starving! There was no James Taylor because my iTunes wouldn't work. I didn't put on the little back anniversary dress because I was too cold! The food did come out amazing though!
  • Jared sliced up the cake, but by that point I was already stuffed and I really don't like icing... so I ate one bite of the cake and that was that.
Overall, we had a wonderful anniversary! I just loved being with him. We sat out by the fire and talked for probably 2 hours about life and where we are now. It was so awesome and I know that God has richly blessed us! I cannot wait to see what year 2 brings!

2 comments:

  1. Ha, it's that how it always goes?
    P.S. You and Jared need to go to Montgomery Street Cafe! Great breakfast food at a good price! It's our Saturday morning tradition, it's quite fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to check that out! We're still looking for a new breakfast place!

    ReplyDelete

Labels