Monday, November 30, 2009

Momma said there will be days like this...

Our Housewarming party is this Saturday so Jared & I are trying to tie up all the loose ends with the house. This weekend we started painting the trim and got sick of it quickly and stopped. So today I really needed to finish it. It started out great until I got to the bathroom... I was truckin' along until I realized some spots on the bathroom door that needed to be touched up. That bathroom hadn't been painted in years! I started dabbing on the door and figured what the heck, I might as well paint the door. Good idea, right? Nope!

I took off all of the hardware on the door (I have no idea how I'm going to get it back on there) and this black dust stuff came pouring out of the door hole. It looks a lot like gun powder. I figured that I could just paint over the black dust stuff and the paint would cover it. Well the paint didn't cover it. It made it worse. My white paint turned gray. I grabbed a paper towel and started to rub off the grayish color and it came off nicely. Then I started on the backside of the door and it needed to be a different color than the front side. I rinsed off my paint brushes and grabbed some new ones and started to paint the backside of the door with the different paint color. Once I finished I thought... How am I going to get out of the bathroom? I had painted over everything on the door and I couldn't touch any of it.  I had to stick my fingers through the door hole and gently pull the door toward me. It was a lot funnier then than it is now. Now, it just sounds like a pointless story, but to me it was funny.

Point of it all- The bathroom is finished for now. There's still a lot I want to do, but for a while I'm done with it. Jared & I decided yesterday that anymore painting projects were going to be done professionally.

We're almost Housewarming party ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels