Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"When I play pretend, I'm an ambitious person..."

I get inspired from just about about anything positive. I see people helping people and I know that I should help more people. I hear friends encouraging other friends and I know I should to be more encouraging. I know I should do more especially when it comes to things that I care deeply about. I should use what God has given to me to help other people. My problem has always been follow through. I get so caught up in the emotion and extravaganza of it all and that's all I pull away or give to it. And I go along with my life as if those moments never touched me. How sad that I am wasting my life. A quote I just read: “You have to believe that your life has meaning and purpose BEFORE you see that it does. If you believe it then you will be doing the right things, and saying the right things, and putting yourself in the right situations to see that your life has meaning and purpose but if you HAVE to believe it before you SEE it.” Sometimes I believe my life has a great purpose but maybe that's only because I hear my Momma's voice in my head other times when I fail or I disappoint myself I don't believe my life has purpose, but I want so badly to believe it. Don't start with Jeremiah 29:11 please. So we've gone from things that ought to be done and purpose and where's my point..?

My point is that my purpose is being slammed into the ground because of my lack of follow through. It sucks. I.hate.it.with.everything.inside.of.me. So now how do I turn it around? Well I got the title of this post from a Atlanta based Photographer (who is amazing) that I have been following for a few months. He posted this call to action on his blog about serving in your community with what you have. I have two things that I can use: a passion for helping people and my outdated camera. Those are good enough. I'm going to stop sitting here and thinking about what all I could do and I'm going do it. I'm 21 years old and for the first time I know what I want to do with my life and it's time I start doing it. The only person stopping me is me. I suck as a person, but I'm taking the first step to getting out of this rut that I put myself in. I hope in 20 years I look back on this moment and realize that's when started living out my purpose and dreams.

www.zarias.com is the blog where I got the inspiration from. Read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels