Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bittersweet Road

Jared & I are a almost a week shy of celebrating our 9 month old marriage. Through this time we have experienced many joyful highs and very devastating lows. It didn't help that the first 2 months that we were married we fought nearly every moment we were around each other. Thankfully our relationship has gone gotten much, much, better since those days. Sometimes I just sit and think about the wonderful man I married. I still can't get over it. It brings me to tears when I think about Jared. He's the most wonderful, compassionate, loyal, genuine, thoughtful, loving person that I've ever met. I still get floored when I think that God chose ME to cherish this gift (Jared) He's given me. I cannot imagine why God chose me for Jared, but I am incredibly thankful that He did. I know I married out of my league.

I have this raging force inside of me to protect him and our marriage. I get violently mad when someone hurts him or brushes him off. Right after Jared & I got married a few friends that were the absolute closest to us left us. There was no falling out, argument, or anything to insight discord- they just disappeared. It's like all of a sudden we weren't cool. Before we were married we were out every weekend just blowing and going like we always did then BAM no one is around and it's just the two of us. We couldn't figure it out. Our friends were still hanging out with our other friends and life seemed to be rocking right along for them. And we were left completely out of the picture. Jared & I tried to contact these people every way possible by technology known to man and we never got a single response. (There's a happy ending I promise!)....

So at the time we were going through this dry and lonely season the most beautiful thing came out of it. Jared & I started to grow so much closer to each other and became really good friends. And we started hanging out with our families more and became so much closer with them. So it was like we felt completely abandoned and God led us into a deeper relationship with Him and with each other. It amazes me that God knew who and what to get out of the picture so that we could grow closer together. I wouldn't trade those bittersweet days for anything. God allowed all of that to happen for a purpose and as long as there is some sort of positive purpose I'm ok with going through some crap.

If Jared & I had not been stretched I don't think I could ever written how wonderful he is like I did above. God grew my love for Jared and Jared's love for me. I am head over heels in love with my husband and I would go through a thousand years of struggle if only to get a little closer to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels