Monday, August 10, 2009

Petey, My Kitchen Inspiration

The other day Jared & I were walking around Lowes to get some inspiration for our new home that we hope to have soon. I was pretty focused on the kitchen during our excursion. We picked out a chandelier (I love, love, love chandeliers!) that we couldn't live without and as we were walking back over to the area where they keep all the kitchen hardware & appliances I saw Petey. He was nudged in a corner and his price was $4! I immediately fell in love with the little guy and decided that he was going to be my kitchen inspiration. He reminded me of something that would sell at Anthropolgie for $40. After I saw Petey Jared & I went to the paint department and then I picked out paint colors for our comfy kitchen. The idea I have in my head for our kitchen is exactly what I want and I'm hoping I can pull it all together. In my mind I can adjust any house to fit the idea of what I want our kitchen to look like. The colors and how it's decorated is the most important part to me. I'm pretty picky on how I want our house to look. Make sense? Petey just brings it all together for me. It's kind of like when I went to do our wedding registry at Bed Bath & Beyond and I was picking out towels with my sweet mother-in-law. I picked out some different colored towels and Dorenda looked at me like I was crazy, but once I pulled it all together she liked it. I have a feeling that's how the kitchen and pretty much the rest of the house will go. I just get an idea and run with it. My taste is definitely not the norm, and I'm cool with that.


His name is Petey because of the bird off of Dumb & Dumber. Our all time favorite movie!

I'd really like for our house to be like walking into a James Taylor, Eric Clapton, or John Mayer song. Nice, easy and comfortable. A place where you could just sit back and let the atmosphere rock you to sleep. That's what I'm going for overall.

For now, we need to close on a house and start packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels