Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cooking Gone Wrong

We've been so busy these past couple of weeks that I've barely had time to cook. It's been some Chipolte here and (gross) Chik-Fil-A there. And I admit, I'm afraid to cook. I'm so scared of screwing something up, which has always been a regular occurrence by the way.

Tonight I decided to cook Red Beans & Rice with cornbread. I was still in the New Orleans mode. I've got the rice, beans, and seasoning in the pot cooking away and then I began to make the cornbread... I read the instructions probably 5 times to make sure I got it down completely and I thought to myself that I'd be the biggest moron in the world if I screwed this up because all I had to do was add milk! Easy, right? NOPE! The recipe called for 2/3 cup of milk and I added 2 & 2/3 cups of milk... Smooth move. Once I poured the milk into the mixing bowl I thought it looked really soupy then it clicked.. I added TWO EXTRA CUPS OF MILK! I tried to get out some of the milk by straining it, but that didn't work. So for my next genius move I added some flour to the mix. Yeah, that didn't help either. I thought, well I've already screwed it up so I might as well throw it into the oven and see what happens.. 21 minutes later... DING! I pull out my cornbread/flour concoction and it was definitely soupy cornbread that was burnt around the edges.

Eh, maybe one day I'll get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels