Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Turkey-less Thanksgiving

2 posts in one night? My heart is heavy, I cannot sleep and I just feel blah. And Jared has already gone to bed so I'm in no rush to get in bed.

Thanksgiving... oh Thanksgiving, you are a great holiday. Thanksgiving is probably a bigger favorite of mine than Christmas. This year was our first Thanksgiving with our families. Last year we were on our Honeymoon. I was determined to see both sides of our families for Thanksgiving. I don't like to split up holidays. So we started out in Saginaw with my Dad then drove to Denton to see my Mom and then finally we made our way to Aledo to see Jared's parents. I planned out the time perfectly so that each parent(s) would get the same amount of time with us. We ate THREE TIMES that day... I don't mean like we just nibbled here and there -we ate three full meals, but good thing that Jared & I like to eat! :) I ate everything, but Turkey. I went the entire day without eating a single piece of Turkey. Lately, I've become more and more of a no-meat-eater. It's not that I think it's wrong, I just think it's gross. Ever since Jared & I got married I cannot stand the sight of meat, especially raw meat. It's mostly chicken, pork and turkey- I can stomach fish easily and beef is becoming easier. Now, this would not be a problem if I hadn't married who I married. Jared is a meat kind of guy. He doesn't do salads for dinner. So I haven't been making dinner lately. I just can't stand the sight of it and my gag reflex is super sensitive. I'll try to eat chicken and I'll start gagging. It's ridiculous, I know, but it's the way it is.

So all that to say I ate everything else but meat on Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was really sweet this year. I have so many things to be thankful for and I just feel so overwhelmed. God is so good and His love never fails.

This post is kind of scrambled, but it's past midnight and I started feeling tired once I started blogging.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels