Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Barf Songs

Nearly everyone I know as a million Christmas songs that are their favorites. I have just one. One song and that's the only one I like to hear during Christmas time. It's December 9th and I'm already growing tired of the Christmas songs. I tried to force myself to like them by downloading a lot them, and I like them, but I'm already tired of them.

Here's my favorite songs right now with my one Christmas song:

1) Maps- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
2) Bad Romance -Lady Gaga (don't judge me. It's a good song.)
3) Heartless -The Fray
4) Ghosts -Laura Marling
5) I Gave You All -Mumford & Sons
6) Awake My Soul -Mumford & Sons
7) Pistol -Dustin Kensure
8) Jesus, Saviour Pilot Me -Robby Seay Band
9) You Hold Me Now -Hillsong
And my favorite Christmas song of all time...
10) Hard Candy Christmas -Dolly Parton

Almost all of those songs are pretty chill. They're mellow and full of hearty lyrics except for the Lady Gaga one which is really upbeat and fun. I love them. I used to get in this mood in the Spring, but I think it's gone backwards and now it's my mood for Winter. It's like this looking-out-of-my-window-and-daydreaming-all-the-time, kind of mood. Nothing is wrong. I just feel like being mellow.

And you may be wondering why in the word is "Hardy Candy Christmas" her favorite Christmas song? I'll tell you why- Because a few Christmases ago it was a very hard season for me spiritually, mentally, and physically. I came across that song by accident and it described everything that I feeling in those months. It said everything that I wanted to say, but couldn't find the words. It's a sappy song, no doubt, but I can't help but sing right along with Dolly when I hear it. I used that song as a reminder of how far I've come and the places that I never want to revisit. Those indescribable feelings have long since passed, and sometimes I put on that song to laugh at myself for being so foolish. I think it's so important to laugh at yourself.
So there you have it.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels